Monday, June 27, 2011

Well one found me again!

I got on the scale this morning to find that I gained one pound while we were camping :( And of course today instead of trying to work that pound off I ate pizza. This week is going to be a huge challenge for me because Clint and Josh are both home with me all week and we are going to be taking day trips and I am sure that will involve eating out a lot. I know we are going to San Fran one day and plans have already been made to eat clam chowder in a bread bowl. Another day we are going to Old Sac so that we can eat at Joe's Crab Shack. So far it seems like all our plans are revolving around food and that is not good news for me at all. Oh well, it will test my will power! I am actually ahead of the power curve anyway since I really didn't plan on officially starting until 1 July. However, that is not an excuse to slack off and eat a bunch of junk food now. Oh how I want some leatherby's though! Anyway, I have 6 followers, where's the encouragement people??!!! I'm gonna go hang out with the boys now. Until tomorrow....

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about temptation with food. Your mom is coming here for the week and its Zoey's birthday. I don't know how I'm going to make it through a bbq and birthday cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Missy Lou! Sorry it took me so long to get on the blog... You can do it! When you go to the Crab Shack, just eat your crab without any butter. I usually ask for a salad and eat that first to fill up a bit. I have even taken my own dressing in my purse! Crab is quite flavorful by itself. As for the clam chowder, maybe just run before you go :) That is hard to resist.


    I found that packing healthy, proportioned snacks before any trip works well to curb the hunger so you aren't starving when you get to your desination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pack healthy snacks and order a side salad before your meal...it helps keep you from eating the whole main course. Most menus have calories attached so pick something at 500 or less and eat half if you get more.

    ReplyDelete